2013 – Present
Head of Product and User Experience
As a key member of the leadership team, I participate in all decisions relating to user experience, product design and overall product strategy. My role is two positions in one: Head of Product Management and Head of User Experience.
As Head of Product Management my responsibilities include:
• Lead the planning, definition and launch of multiple products and features.
• Develop and communicate product priorities across the company.
• Define and manage a multi-year Product Roadmap.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Community, & Sales teams to build the best platform experiences for our Community and Clients.
As Head of User Experience my responsibilities include:
• Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
• Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
• Understand strategic and competitive position in the market and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
• Direct the creative team(s) at our interactive agencies in the design and development of digital concepts, prototypes, and production ready consumer experiences.
2012 – 2013 (Consulting Contract)
Executive Advisor & UX Strategist/Designer
After selling my equity in OneSpring. I did a brief stint as an independent consultant and my first client was Beachbody. At Beachbody I provided user/customer experience strategy and implementation services. This included crafting new experiences on the Team Beachbody site, Shakeology.com site, Beachbody Challenge and several mobile applications.
As an Executive Advisor my responsibilities included:
• Weekly meetings with Beachbody's Chief Technology Officer.
• Led UX efforts on key platform enhancements.
• Introduced rapid prototyping to better align stakeholder vision and actually deliverables.
As a User Experience Strategist & Designer my responsibilities included:
• User Research for multiple projects.
• Define Information Architecture & Design patterns.
• Created rapid prototypes and wireframes to communicate the user and business needs as it pertains to user experience deliverables
• Collaborate with Engineering, Design, & Brand teams to build engaging and high producing digital products
2005 – 2012
Co-founder & Chief Experience Officer
Co-founded a User Experience and Product Requirements Agency. Took the company from inception to over $5M in gross annual revenues prior to selling my equity. As a co-founder I wore every hat in the company (with the exception of accounting), my tenure provided a wide range of experiences. These included defining service offerings, business development, human resources, account/project management, IT operations, marketing, brand evangelism and innovation management. In addition to building and growing the company I also provided daily user experience design & creative services to dozens of clients and maintained a billability rate of over 80% and well over 100% utilization rate.
2004 – 2005
As a Solutions Architect with Macquarium my role was a hybrid one that combined both the informational design discipline of an Information Architect with the problem solving acumen of a Business Analyst.
Wildcard System (acquired by FIS)2001 – 2004
Information Architect / Product Manager
Accountable for the design and architecture of web based applications that support WildCard's many consumer and commercial clients in the stored value market as well as internal clients. Demonstrated skill in leading design and evaluation of product architectures and interfaces through concept to completion
eSavio1999 – 2001
Sr. Consultant / Sr. Internet Producer
KPMG Consulting (now BearingPoint)1996 – 1999